Whoever said “It’s not about the destination. It’s the journey” never flew on a long haul flight. Those flights can be painful, tiresome, jet-lagging, and not to mention absolutely boring despite whatever Disney movie is playing above you on the TV screen. As someone who has flown from Europe to the USA countless times, I’ve picked up some tips and tricks on flying long haul. Here are my tips.
Bring a scarf or jacket.
A scarf especially can act as a blanket or pillow during your long haul flight. Nowadays it’s becoming less common to have a blanket included on your flight, and sometimes the cabin doesn’t even have enough for everyone. The best advice is to bring something functional just in case because flights can get quite chilly. A relatively thick, large scarf will almost always do the job.
Pack a memory foam neck pillow.
Once again, you want to be comfortable on your flight and no matter if you’re in the window, aisle, or middle seat, a memory foam neck pillow will make it all the more comfortable and relaxing for you.
Tip: Some people are hesitant to pack a neck pillow because of space. But most neck pillows have a snap closure, meaning you can easily snap it onto your carry on handle or strap it to your personal item. When it doubt, you can always wear it around your neck. No shame.
Bring an eye mask for sleeping.
If you’re flying through the day, an eye mask will be extremely helpful in getting some relatively normal shut-eye. If you’re flying on a red eye flight, it’s less necessary, but honestly every little bit helps.
Put headphones and a portable charger in your personal item.
This one is crucial for keeping yourself entertained or productive. Headphones for jamming or listening to podcasts and a portable charger for keeping your mobile devices charged. Sometime flights have the USB port, but you can’t always count on them to be functioning… Yes, I’m serious. Pack headphones, a portable charger, and your cord just in case.
Fun, educational entertainment! Podcasts have become one of my favorite pastimes for flying. I just download a few interesting ones before my flight and enjoy them while I’m on board.
Pro Traveler Tip: If you’re traveling somewhere new, I love listening to podcasts about that country or location to start getting inspired and excited about my adventure. You could even download a couple of podcasts that teach you some essential words or phrases in your destination country, too!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Every Next Level of Your Life Will Demand a Different You - octubre 18, 2019
- And a Lonely Stranger Has Spoke to Me Ever Since - octubre 18, 2019
- The Scariest Moment is Always Just Before You Start - octubre 18, 2019
Nike Air Max 97
The Nike Air Max 97 Men's Shoe keeps the sneaker favourite going strong with the same design details that made it famous: water-ripple lines, reflective piping and full-length Max Air cushioning.
- Many deemed this street style sneaker a great summer pick up as it doesn’t keep the feet excessively warm.
- Some wearers loved the amount of sophistication its design offers.
- Several users have attested that it isn’t heavy as it appears to be.
- A large percentage of purchasers stated that they felt comfortable while strapped in this sneaker.
- The Air Max 97 men’s and women’s shoes run a bit wider than the standard width, expressed by several users.
- Some buyers have shared that the Off-White x Nike Air Max 97 fits a bit narrow.
- One reviewer mentioned that this sneaker did give him blisters as it rubbed on his ankles.
- Very Expensive